Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward Things kinda slowed down in this book, but there was a lot going on. So maybe it was too much going on to have a great story about any one of the arcs? I'm really glad Phury's story was resolved. I think his solution was a good one. He was always trying to be the hero -- be the good one that saved everything -- but it always came at a price. So for him to end up good was very good. He was always so incredibly hard on himself for things that had always been outside his control. I also think it's funny how he didn't see his mate coming... thought he'd always pine for Bella. So that part of the story was great. I was going to give the book four stars, but then the whole "Lesser savior" arc was totally unexpected. I thought for sure the "25-years ago" guy was someone else near and dear to my heart. Though the end result made total sense.

ED: Now that I've had time to think about it, I reduced my rating. A lot of people have pointed out that there seems to be a shift from PNR to UF. The romance is one of the things that I really liked about the series when it started, and this book was definitely lacking in that respect. I still didn't mind Phury's story, but it would have been nice if there were more gentle, loving/hot moments with Phury. And I still think the "Lesser savior" was an interesting arc.