Captured by You - Beth Kery Whew! That was hot. Ms. Kery definitely knows how to evoke passion.

I received this book through a holiday book exchange. I requested it, of course, but I have a bad habit of marking a book to read and then forgetting what it was about. I'm sure I'm not alone, lol. But it's kinda fun because then when I get around to reading it, I don't really know what I'm getting into.

But I don't recall this storyline. I probably requested it because it's Beth Kery and I know I'm going to get a goodie from her. But wow, this was steamy with a bit of build up, but not too much, because it's not a long story.

Sherona has lived in tiny Vulture's Canyon her entire life. When she was 18, her parents were killed, and so she was sort of stuck there, running the family diner as well as raising her 8-year-old brother. Roughly ten years later, she's content with her life. Or maybe just resigned to it. She's not unhappy, but maybe merely existing.

A skinny dip in the local pond where she thinks she's alone begins a series of events when a renowned landscape photographer visiting from out of town catches her -- and captures her on film -- emerging from the pond. And Chase is captivated by her. She sees him, but rather than bolting, something about him watching her makes her feel empowered. And when they meet a couple of days later at the diner and he propositions her for more pictures (for himself only, he's not skeevy), something about him instills trust, and she agrees. And I have no idea how they didn't melt everything around them during that photo session.

Ultimately, it's a really sweet HEA. Their reuniting was just as smoking as the rest of their interactions. But really sweet, too. Another great story from Ms. Kery.