What I Did for Love: A Novel - Susan Elizabeth Phillips Before I listened to this, I read some of the reviews on Audible. At least one of them likened this story to the whole Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie thing, and I can totally see why that was. I could picture them all playing the characters in this story, but I could NOT for the life of me conjure up a Bram that fit the picture, lol. Which is OK.

Between this story, Glitter Baby, and First Lady, I can't think of why anyone would want to be rich or famous! In this story, it was heartbreaking (and exhausting) that every move of Georgie and Bram's was plotted. "We need to be seen again, let's go for lunch tomorrow." But I loved that little by little, Georgie found that just about every negative thing she thought about Bram was a facade, perpetrated by him. I think Bram kept up the ruse to protect himself. It's easier for people to believe the worst, so why try so hard when they're not going to believe you're good anyway? And of course, we knew they'd ultimately fall in love. Why is it always the man who figures it out after the woman has given up? :-) Or maybe that's just SEP books, lol.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this... moving on to Meg and Ted now.