Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon I didn't enjoy this one as much as Outlander. I think it's because there was so much waiting... how was Jamie going to get back to Culloden to die? How was Claire going to get back to the stone circles to return to her present time? We knew both of these were going to happen based on the first part of the book... so it was just waiting. But at the same time, so much happened in this book. It's still so fascinating to me that this fictional tale is built around so much real history. And I felt so bad for the Scottish people, being dragged into this war that they didn't really support. And then paying the ultimate price for being forced to fight. I was so glad to learn early on that Jamie was able to save his own people.

And then the ending!! What?!! WHAT???!!!

I had to go get #3 to listen to right away to find out what happened. This is another series where I think I'll be glad I wasn't reading them as they came out. I can't imagine waiting for the next one after this ending. It wasn't a cliffhanger per se, but more of a WTF moment. :-) Of course, so was when Murtagh reveals the Duke of Sandringham's head for the death of Hugh... I didn't see that coming!

As usual, Davina Porter did a brilliant job narrating this. I'm really not sure how much I would enjoy these books if I was reading them. They're soooo long, but listening to them lets me enjoy them in a dramatic portrayal of the story and the characters in bites. Truly brings it to life.