The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger I resisted this one for a while. I had heard that the bouncing around of time periods was confusing. While I agree it was a little bit confusing -- I listened to it, so I couldn't even flip back a few pages to figure out the previous or current time period -- eventually I sort of got into the swing of things. And I'm glad I finally gave it a shot because it was time well spent.

I understand why this was so popular. Not only was it a beautiful love story, but it was such a different story. I'm definitely not into time travel, but I didn't realize Henry was the only person who could do this until I listened. And with all the foreshadowing, I had to know what was going to happen, so I kept listening.

I still want to cry when I think of a certain part of the book. It's one of those things you ultimately expect, but it still sucks when you get there. Tears were streaming down my face at that point. It was toward the end, but it wasn't the end. It was nice to see what happened after. And the love that continued on.

The one thing that I wonder about is what if Henry never went back in time to meet Clare when she was young? He meets her when she's six and he's in his late 30s. By then, he knows he's married to Clare, but Clare doesn't really even have a chance to meet anyone different, because Henry's always been a part of her life. And at some point, she knows they're going to get married long before she's met the here-and-now Henry. I'm sure they still would have married, but he more or less ruined her for a relationship with anyone but him.

And Gonzo... what a schmuck. He totally deserved it when he made a play for Clare after Henry's death while his wife (and her best friend) was on her way back home with their and her kids... he deserved to hear Clare call out Henry's name. You putz... she loved HIM not YOU, never you, you slimy cheater. I have no love for Gonzo. :-)

Overall a very interesting story that I'm likely to remember for while.