Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1) - Melissa Schroeder What chemistry between Shannon and Kade! I kind of like the genre of "best friend's sister is off limits but I just can't help myself". :-) And I also find it cute when said sister has no clue of the man's infatuation. She's just as infatuated, but has no clue that he's even interested a little bit. At her sister's wedding in Hawaii, after her sister and May (from the Harmless series) tell her about Kade's interest, she takes a chance and basically offers herself to him. Just as she's about to give up on him, he responds to her invitation. Enthusiastically. And multiple times. :-) And then, being a Seal, he's called away early the next day. Something goes very wrong on that mission, and four months later, after Kade has broken off communications with Shannon because he thinks he's broken and not good enough for her, Shannon's brother brings Kade and another wounded team mate, Chief, to New Orleans for a visit. As much as Kade wants to let Shannon go, he can't. And ultimately he realizes that without her, he's nothing. So it ends with an HEA, but there's a lot of will they/won't they that tugs at your heart in the meantime. Great story.