The Peach Keeper - Sarah Addison Allen This is one of those books I picked up because it was popular and on the bestseller lists. I had no real idea of what it was about, which is sometimes fun, because then I have no preconceived ideas about it.

This was a story about friendship with a little bit of romance thrown in. And a little bit of mystery and magic. And a bit of treachery way back when. I was glad to see the changes in the characters, taking the best of their pasts and merging it with the person they've become. And it took others to point out what was good about their past selves to do it.

It was also interesting at the end to hear what REALLY happened to Tucker Devlin.

Ah, friendship. That it can transcend as it did in this story was so comforting. Even though Paxton's and Willa's grandmothers didn't talk much anymore, they were still friends. I found it interesting that after so much time and having grown up together, Willa and Paxton became so important to each other.

I do question the book title. The only thing about the peaches was the mystical scent of Tucker and the fact that a peach tree grew where he was buried.

It was an interesting story, and I enjoyed it. I guess there's something to bestseller lists. ;-)