Tucker's Claim - Sarah McCarty Wow Tucker was a dirty boy! Not in a bad way, mind you, but once Sallie Mae chose him, he sure started in on her with the kinky stuff. I'm not going to be naive and think that anal sex just started recently, lol, so I guess it must have been at least known even in the 1800s. I think what surprised me (and I suppose it shouldn't) was that Tucker actually had a butt plug and lube for her!

I thought Sallie Mae was a great partner for Tucker. I think she softened him a bit, but without taking away the edge that made him a good Texas Ranger. And I'm glad they were forced to get married. I don't think Tucker would have entertained that thought if it hadn't been forced. Not that he didn't want it. I think he wanted her more than he wanted his next breath, and vice versa! But a half-Indian marrying a white woman was just not done then. He had resigned himself to eventually losing her.

One thing that bugged me about this is that he'd go away and then, when he was already "late" in returning, someone would come after Sallie Mae for something or other, and he'd miraculously show up. Right place, right time. Once, I can believe. More than that, it makes me wonder if he's been living in the woods stalking her place, just waiting for someone to attack her and save the day, lol.

All in all, a good addition to the series.