Always You - Karen Stivali A sweet friends to lovers story. The story picks up with Shari on her honeymoon, but not with her new husband, whom she left home to be stranded at the altar after she found evidence of his cheating. She's with her best friend, Jon. Jon who has been there for her through many relationships over the past many years. Jon who has been in love with her since he met her, but couldn't tell her because she was always in a relationship or getting out of one, and he didn't want to be "rebound guy". Jon who has been through a slew of women during this time, but none of them held a candle to Shari, so they never lasted.

I thought the building tension in their relationship was good. They didn't just go there and get intimate immediately. Well, not with each other at least. And not with anyone else. But they were in the same room. ;-) Granted, it didn't take long for them to get intimate with each other, but they had a ton of history together so it didn't seem rushed. And when he finally kissed her, how sweet was that? But Shari has her doubts about his intentions -- she's very familiar with his love-em-and-leave-em history and doesn't want to lose the best friend she's ever had. I think Jon sufficiently squashed that notion. He was so sweet. Of course things can't be ALL smooth sailing, and her ex-fiancee threw some doozies in their way, but I think how it was all wrapped up made sense without a ton of angst.