No Strings Attached - Stephanie Morris This was a group read or I might not have picked it up. The premise looked good. Can't complain with a wealthy, gorgeous, commitment-phobe guy hooking up with a girl fresh from the small town, eager to experience everything on her own for the first time. It was supposed to be, as the title implies, "no strings attached", but of course, when someone lays that out, you know they're going to fall hard. But it just sort of fell flat for me. First, there was so much inner dialogue. The guy is walking to her front door, and we have two pages of him thinking about what might happen. Just get to the door already! I found myself skimming those parts. And for me, the sex scenes, while they were plentiful and imaginative, weren't so steamy. Not sure I can say why, they just didn't do it for me. It's like I felt this connection between them out of bed, but not so much while they were having sex. Except the maid scene. That was hot. And then, at the end, she fucking breaks up with him because they've both gotten too close... WTF?! I mean seriously, WTF. I was really pissed at that point. And then she's miserable. Go figure. I only barely liked her because she seemed so shallow. Not in a gold digger way, but just in a relationship way. Maybe a little bit immature? And I really disliked Carla. Even though Jay wasn't wealthy, I got the impression that Carla was spoiled. And manipulative. Makes me wonder what the hell Jay went through to ultimately end up with her with how conniving Carla was with Maya and Zac's relationship.

I'm not mad I bought this book. I'm just disappointed because I'd hoped it would be better. This is more a 2.5 or 2.75, but I'm rounding up on this one.