Hers to Command (Verdantia, #1) - Patricia A. Knight Probably closer to 4-1/2 stars. What an interesting world! This has a little bit of the difficult-to-pronounce names that sometimes turns me off sci-fi reads, but most of it was fine. And kind of with an Italian flavor. :-)

I loved Ari's resistance to his contract... until I realized who he was contracted to marry. Even then, I could understand his reticence. I could also understand Fleur's concern that he could never love her. And Doral and what he went through to become the man he was just broke my heart. I was so glad to see Ari and Fleur have such a great effect on him and prove to him that he's more than people say he is.

But this was a very interesting story of saving their homeland while experiencing lots of sexy times. One thing I *do* really enjoy about sci-fi stories is the absence of homophobia and open sexuality. When Ari told Fleur there had been many men before he met her, she didn't blink. When Ari was told by the Goddess that there should be three, it was just a given that there would be three. No what will society think of their queen getting it on with two guys? Not even a leering woo hoo, I get to do two people! Lol! It just was. Which is always kind of refreshing to read. It's all about the pleasure and the love. And saving their people at least part of the time.

Anyway, I'm not sure where this series will go. This story seemed pretty complete, but I'd be interested to see what happens next.

Note: This book was provided free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This are my honest feelings about the story.