Fatal Affair - Marie Force I enjoyed this suspense/romance. Sam and Nick met six years ago and had an incredible one-night-stand. It wasn't supposed to be a one-night-stand, but Sam didn't think Nick had called, and Sam's roomate -- future husband/dickhead -- didn't tell Sam that Nick had called. Nick's best friend is murdered. John was a senator and Nick was John's chief of staff. Nick is the one who found him. Immediately, Sam and Nick are feeling the sparks again, but Sam tries so hard to resist Nick since he's a material witness on her case. Ultimately it's a losing battle... there's just too much chemistry. And Nick isn't giving up. I kept thinking there was going to be some deep, dark secret about Nick revealed -- he was just too perfect. He was a good guy, he fought "well" with her (he could admit his own shortcomings and try to deal with hers), and he was just great. Sam was a strong character as well, though she sure gave in quickly to Nick. :-) But hey... she had a shit marriage... she deserves some happiness. And he was really helping the investigation. He was often in the right place at the right time to help her. All in all, a nice start to a series. I'll have to continue with this series.