Her Husband's Lover (Georgian Rakehells, #5) - Madelynne Ellis I really enjoyed this! Somewhere between a 4 and 4-1/2. I always feel like I learn new words when I read historicals. :-) And I learn about birth control methods. A lemon peel. Interesting.

Robert is bi-sexual and he's heir to an earldom. When he was much younger, he had a lover, Lyle, who was a neighbor. When Robert's mother found out about Robert and Lyle, she conspired to send Lyle away to India and married Robert off to a witch of a woman, whose only goal in life was to live as an earl's wife and enjoy all the perks that entails.

Years later, Robert is sort of an outcast. His witch wife, Lucy, has been spreading rumors of his homosexual tendencies. He's visiting the Hills's estate now, since his twin brother Ned is working there. Emma, being the Hills' eldest daughter, is acting as hostess to the visiting guests and she's immediately drawn to Robert. And while she never allows anyone to touch her and she does no touching herself (a result of a tragic childhood), she envisions touching Robert. Robert seems interested as well, and then he comes face to face with Lyle again... who is married to Emma. Emma and Lyle's relationship seems the perfect situation: Lyle can dally with any man he wants as long as there's no resulting scandal, and Emma doesn't have to worry about him making marital demands of her.

Robert, being bi-sexual, is drawn to both of them. It's easy to pick up where he and Lyle left off, but he knows Emma needs kid glove treatment. The way Robert approaches her was so sweet. He allowed her to go at her own pace, and ultimately his patience paid off in spades. I thought he dealt with the potential jealousy issues between Lyle and Emma was pretty good as well. But of course, it wouldn't be a good story without more conflict and angst.

A very enjoyable story. I am apparently going to have to go back and read the others in this series. This one can easily be read as a standalone, but it was a good story and I'm interested in the others now!

Many thanks to Ms. Ellis, who provided this book in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed are my own and I was not obligated to write a positive review.